The Energy Crisis – What can businesses do?
Post-pandemic demand, storage issues, falling European production in recent years, exacerbated by the war in Ukraine – all these have contributed to a dramatic rise in energy prices globally. For business that’s meant a sudden and intense focus on the supply and security of their energy like never before. So how can businesses best navigate the immediate crisis and improve their longer-term energy security?
Businesses are having to come up with a number of different solutions:
- changing the office lights to LEDs
- installing motion and light sensors
- Installing renewable energies
- switching their heating on later in the year
- reducing the thermostat
- keeping windows shut instead of airing the office
- Looking into wind, solar, hydro, battery, geothermal and heat sources
(This post is based on an ICAEW podcast)